Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of the Company that all employees are involved in, share the responsibility and are accountable for creating and sustaining a progressive environmental, safety and health (EH&S) culture in order for the Company to:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace for “All Employees”, visitors and the general public;
- Preserve the Company’s property and business continuity;
- Design and manufacture safe products;
- Minimize the Company’s impact on the environment;
- Comply with applicable Company policies and programs, including EH&S OpEx requirements, as well as industry standards and government regulations; and
- Emphasize continuous and measurable improvement in the reduction of the Company’s EH&S risks in everything we do.
All persons who work with us will follow this policy, including suppliers, vendors and contractors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Standex International (the “Company”) is committed to having Equal Employment Opportunity as its policy and practice. This policy makes good business sense. It is in our Company’s best interests to utilize the skills and abilities of our personnel to the fullest extent without regard to factors unrelated to job performance. It is each manager’s and supervisor’s responsibility to understand the wisdom and necessity for this policy and to do his or her share to carry it out.
Specific objectives of our policy are to:
- Ensure that the concepts of Equal Employment Opportunity are understood and utilized by all managers and supervisors; and
- Ensure that non-harassment and nondiscrimination concepts are understood, utilized and enforced by all managers and supervisors.
Our policy of Equal Employment Opportunity is to:
- Recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, marital status, nationality, ancestry, disability, national origin, military status or any other legally protected status.
- Ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, layoffs, return from layoff and any social or recreational programs, will be administered in accordance with the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. In addition to a commitment to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, the Company will establish and maintain, where required, Affirmative Action Programs, in accordance with any obligations it may have as a government contractor, to promote opportunities for qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. It is also the Company’s policy that discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, marital status, nationality, ancestry, disability, national origin, military status or any other legally protected status will not be tolerated in the workplace. Such discrimination or harassment is an unacceptable and unlawful form of misconduct, which undermines the integrity of the employment relationship. All employees are responsible for ensuring that the workplace is free from such discrimination or harassment by employees and non-employees such as vendors, contractors, consultants and visitors. Possibly omit this section??>>To ensure compliance with this policy, please feel free to direct any questions or concerns about this policy or about a specific fact situation to the attention of your supervisor, department manager or plant manager. If you are uncomfortable discussing the mater on a local basis, please call the Standex Vice President of Human Resources or the Standex General Counsel at 603-893-9701. All complaints will be promptly investigated in as confidential a manner as possible for such an investigation. If an employee is not satisfied with the conclusion of an investigation, he or she may request in writing that the matter be reviewed by the appropriate Division President.<< An employee, whether supervisory or non-supervisory, whom the Company finds to have acted in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary sanctions to ensure compliance with this policy. Such disciplinary sanctions, depending upon the circumstances, may include written reprimand, suspension or termination of employment. An employee filing a claim or complaint, in good faith, under this policy will be protected from retaliatory action. Everyone should understand that retaliation in any form against an employee who has complained about equal employment opportunity issues, and retaliation against any individuals cooperating with any investigation of an equal employment opportunity claim, is unlawful and will not be tolerated by the Company. Our Company takes this matter very seriously and the filing of a false claim, interfering with an investigation or providing of false information during the investigation of a claim will be subject to disciplinary sanctions, up to and including termination.
Code of Business Conduct
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to communicate the importance of maintaining high ethical standards, and to assist all meeting those standards by highlighting what the Company expects in terms of ethical conduct, both generally, and in specific areas where legal and ethical concerns frequently arise. In some of those specific areas, the Company has policy statements in place which provide more detailed explanations of the issues that can arise, and how employees should deal with them. Some of those policy statements are referenced in this Code of Conduct, and are attached to it. They can also be accessed on the Company’s intranet portal.
Please click the link below to download the PDF file.
Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
Due to the increased awareness of violence and human rights violations reportedly funded by profits from the mining and sale of certain minerals from the Democratic Republic of Congo and adjoining countries (collectively the “DRC”), section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (“Dodd-Frank”) directed the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) to adopt rules to implement disclosure requirements to create transparency and consumer awareness of the use by U.S. publicly-traded companies of “conflict minerals” (tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold, also known as “3TG”) that directly or indirectly benefit armed groups in the DRC. The SEC has imposed disclosure requirements on publicly-traded companies concerning the use of 3TG minerals in their products, the origin of the metals used if they are not “conflict free” and the due diligence efforts employed to determine the country of origin and chain of custody of 3TG minerals (collectively with Dodd-Frank, the “Rule”). A product manufactured by a public company is deemed to be “conflict free” if the product does not contain 3TG minerals that directly or indirectly finances or benefits armed groups in the DRC.
Standex supports the aims and objectives of Dodd-Frank, and we do not knowingly procure 3TG minerals that originate from non-conflict free mines or smelters in the DRC. Standex requires the use of certain 3TG minerals in raw materials and components in manufacturing for the functional performance of our products. In compliance with the Rule, we have established this Conflict Minerals Policy Statement and have undertaken a variety of activities. Because we do not directly procure any 3TG minerals from smelters or mines, we must rely on the source information provided by our suppliers in order to trace minerals to their origin. We are working with our suppliers to ensure responsible sourcing throughout our supply chain. We have asked our suppliers to undertake reasonable due diligence with their supply chains to determine whether the 3TG minerals that are used in certain products, components and materials supplied to us have been sourced from mines and smelters outside the DRC, have been sourced from mines and smelters that are conflict free or were derived from scrap or recycled sources. Should Standex become aware of a supplier whose supply chain includes 3TG minerals procured from a non-conflict free source, we will take appropriate actions to remedy the situation, including using our commercially reasonable, best efforts to transition the product, component or materials containing non-conflict free 3TG minerals to be conflict free. We expect our suppliers will take similar actions so that our entire supply chain remains conflict free.
David A. Dunbar
The Company is committed to providing a workplace conductive to open discussion of its business practices. It is Company policy to comply with all applicable laws that protect employees against unlawful discrimination or retaliation by their employer as a result of their lawfully reporting information regarding, or their participating in investigations involving, allegations of corporate misconduct.
Any concerns regarding suspected accounting or auditing fraud may be reported to the Company’s toll-free hotline at 1-800-514-5275 (si usted habla español, por favor llama 1-800-297-8592). Concerns may be reported anonymously or confidentially. All reports will be communicated to the Company’s Corporate Governance Officer who will receive, review, process and resolve concerns, as appropriate, in conjunction with and under the direction of the Board of Directors or its Committees.
We ask employees in European Union countries, to click on the below link:
ABOUT ETG - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Standex ETG is focused on establishing operational excellence and delivering the highest-quality precision-fabricated products for our customers. Through the use of conventional and innovative methods across a range of specialty equipment, we are able to reduce costs across an unmatched range of formed sizes, shapes, and alloys. Nothing is more critical to us than strong and lasting alliances with our customers. Learn More.